In addition to the exciting and informative keynotes, presentations and panel discussions taking place on the main stage, MEF Americas 2012 will also provide a number of interactive workshops for delegates who want to delve deeper into certain business areas and learn from local experts.
The following 60 minute sessions will take place alongside the main program during December 4th and 5th and can be booked during the online registration process.
How To Do Business in LatAm
Tuesday, December 4th, 13.00 - 14.00 (lunch will be served at 12:30)
Learn practical tips and insights on how to monetize and do business in LatAm effectively.
This dedicated workshop, targeted at non-LatAm companies, will focus on:
- How to measure market potential
- Tactical go-to-market strategy
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Access to local resources and know-how
Doing Business in China
Wednesday, December 5th, 13.00 - 14.00 (lunch will be served at 12:30)
Meet some of the major players from the Chinese mobile/internet industry who will give insight into the Chinese marketplace .
This practical session, hosted by the Great Wall Club, will focus on:
- Overview of the Chinese market
- Stats on mobile usage in the region
- Practical tips on who are the main players that you need to know
- Match-making between attendees and Chinese delegates
The Piracy Threat: Learnings from LatAm
Exact time TBC
Delegates concerned about the threat of piracy can participate in a practical workshop focusing on the issue from a Latin America perspective
Join Paulo Batimarchi, from IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry) and MEF’s LatAm General Manager Rafael Pellon to learn about what efforts are being implemented to counter act digital content piracy threats in LatAm:
- How to identify illegal contents in mobile environments
- How to deal with illegal content and avoid legal issues around the distribution of mobile content
- Where to denounce and get advice
Internet and mobile laws in Brazil